Thursday, October 2, 2008

Periods, and puppies, and wasps, oh my!


I haven't updated in awhile, so I'll do a few things bullet-style.



  • AF showed on Sunday night at work. Completely unexpected (several days early and without any symptoms. At least I had bought that box of tampons to keep in my locker at work. Ok, enough of the TMI. :)

  • Wesley got fixed today. He was extra hyper and playful this morning, maybe trying to make us feel "guilty" or something? He did great, the vet called me around 2 to tell us he did fine! While he was there, he got microchipped and finally got a pedicure. He's been a little playful since then, but mostly mopey. Even when he came to see us, he was excited, but his ears were down, like he was hurting (which I'm sure he was/is). He weighs in at a whopping 35 lbs., which means he has gained 12 lbs. in about 8 weeks.

  • Wasps. Wow. So, since we came back home after the hurricane, I've been hearing this strange noise after I showered. It sounded like it was just water dripping out of the shower head, so I didn't think much of it. Last night, I went into the bathroom and heard an actual buzzing noise and saw what looked like an insect wing sticking out of the fan. Stephen came and checked it out, and saw at first 3 wasps (I had actually thought it was a roach at first, so a wasp was initially somewhat relieving). Then he realized it was a whole nest of them. Of course, the only thing we had was Raid for roaches, which he sprayed, and really pissed them off. We went to HEB and got some wasp spray, but by the time we got home and Stephen went to spray it, all but maybe 1 wasp were dead. He sprayed it at that one at least. I called pest control first thing this morning, but since we've already killed them all (at least we're pretty sure), there's nothing else they can do. I made an appt, then cancelled it. Hopefully it's okay!
  • After about 2 1/2 weeks of working like crazy with only 2 nights off at a time, I am finally off for 7 nights! Yay!
  • Stephen finally got his car back on Friday. It was only 2 months since the accident. Geez. It seemed like we'd never get the car back. And now the other lady's insurance (since it was her fault) doesn't want to pay for the rental car past the 12th, even though he needed it until the 26th. They say it took too long to repair the car. Well, it would have been nice if someone had called and told us that. So now we're dealing with that...Stephen called the state representative on that one. We'll see what happens!

No comments: